Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Here's the Beef

Last night we spent some time finishing the sorting in the toyroom. All the toys, minus those under the spare bed, have been given a new home. Only one small crying spell about all her stuff being GONE (I won't mention any names...) but now we're fine. We're down to toy guns, army men (you're welcome Grandpa Randy), small animals for the barn my Dad made, some miscellaneous princess wear, a couple stuffed animals for each child, toy food for the kitchen, Matchbox cars, and baby toys. Wow. That sounded like a LOT. In all reality though, we cut everything in half. I think. This was the second downsizing of that room and  the first downsizing started with the closet. That was the easy part. Dave's Nascar cars and old photos were really all that were in there. And most of the old photos were my Mom's so that was an easy clean. In looking through some of the old photos, I was reassured that I maybe...sorta...kinda... could claim my children to be mine. They maybe...sorta...kinda look like me. A little.

Then there is that stronger resemblence to their father that kicks my butt every time. Dave laughs. And I pull the "I gave BIRTH!" card again. Trumps every time. Except I'm not sure I proved my point...

2 comments:

  1. a reminder that mom always took some pretty pretty pictures:) And there's my pillow case...the one Dave game me! LOVE it:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. agreed! She takes some mighty fine shots :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...