Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Celebration of Life

I think my Mom and sister, Casey, summed up our day last Wednesday better than I can. (Mom here, and Casey here.) Maybe it's the pregnancy or I'm not really sure what, but I made it through that day better than most. My unspoken reputation for "tough cookie" may still stand. Dave made me refer to the day not in sadness or mourning but as a "Celebration of Life." We should not be mourning, which may be easier said than done for some, but we should reflect on all the memories we had together. At the end of the day, we "celebrated" with a very family-like lunch and then a few photos per request of Casey. The following day I attempted to begin my perfection of Grandma's well-known tapioca pudding. Conclusion... separating whites and yolks may not be my cup of tea. But Mallory and I still finished the double batch ourselves. She lives on. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...