Monday, July 26, 2010

S'mores Galore

The week before Cheese Days, I decided we needed a fire pit at the new house. What was originally supposed to be a quick project turned in to a few days and possibly even a week... sorry guys! Who knew!? There was lots of deliberation about size, location, and shape of this fire pit. I didn't know dilberation with 3 men would be so difficult... apparently none of them cared about any of my concerns... where should it go? should we make is smaller? should we put it there? or here? or over there? should we make it round? how about square? I like triangles. Do it up. Gonzo started the digging and they were off. It will be here. Sweet! I'm in. Impatience got the best of me because I didn't want to have to wait for the power company to come mark something if we moved the darn thing. Luckily, there was a massive pit already started.


Here I am managing the entire situation. Thank you Mom for getting this all for the record :)

Tayt caught a toad here. We got it away from him before he... hurt it... :)
The fire pit was finished in time for Cheese Days and the first (and only fire since then) went very nice. The second fire got rained out. Bummer! Here Dave and Tayt are enjoying the fire...

... and here is the final product. I'd have to say they did a very nice job considering the conditions. We had a couple storms during the making of this fire pit that caused a few rain delays and Dave getting his van stuck in the middle of our yard... all is nearly dry now and ready for some more S'mores!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...