Thursday, May 24, 2012

joy(s) of a big family

Let me start by saying, do not judge ;)  but one of the benefits of living in a large family sometimes involves going without things. And I say this is a benefit because much of my life is spent with things I do not need. In fact, I try to minimize and simplify my life quite a bit. My only hope is I'm teaching my children some of this same quality... and they agree it is a benefit. Someday...

This afternoon I went to pick Tayt (5) up from his last day of preeeee-kindergarten. Casey and Homer were visiting so they stayed with Nash and Drew so I could run quick and get T. Casey let me borrow her vehicle for the ride. This is a luxury in itself... in comparison to our "large family vehicle(s)." I went to the school, waited a couple minutes for T, and then back out to Casey's car. He's always curious as to what I'm driving, where we're going, who's at our house, where the kids are, are we going to the shop... and on and on and on. The child is very curious ;) I told him we were driving Casey's vehicle, she was watching the kids so I could get him, and we would all make it through this. ANYway... our next conversation went a little like this...

Tayt:  Did you leave the windows open in here?  (referring to the car... it's also 85 degrees in Colby, Wisconsin today)

Mom:  No...

Tayt:  It's cold...

Mom:  Air conditioning, Tayt. It's supposed to be nice and cold. Nice, huh!?!

Tayt:  ... silence ... (in obvious awe)


special

:)

6 comments:

  1. What a curious kiddo. I love him!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is one of a kind that boy! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha, too funny. Love that photo at the end too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely love your big family...I wish I would have enjoyed that time of my life more and had way more kids.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Julie! one of my life goals... no regrets ;)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...