Tuesday, March 1, 2011

bipolar

Today has been quite crazy. While it's probably a usual day with Mallory's children and my children all here at the same time, it felt a little ... on the edge. At one point during the day, I locked myself in the bathroom to shower and there may or may not have been a lot of screaming outside the door. Thank you Mom for handling whatever was going on. I came out of the bathroom to find Luke in his usual spot. The bottom step. He frequents this step a lot while he is visiting. And "a lot" is a bit of an understatement.

There must be some sort of sick humor in all children, but I remember doing this same thing to my sisters when I was younger ... one child in time-out, another child just out of arm's reach telling the "naughty" child how "naughty" they were. Yes. As you can imagine, this is beyond helpful for a mother. After shooing everyone away from Luke, Tayt informed me of the following...


Mom: You better leave Luke alone or I'm going to let him kick your butt.

Tayt: HE can't kick my butt.

Mom: I'll LET him!

Tayt: I will bring. him. down.
(emphasis on dddoooowwwwnnnn)


Raising boys... I got nothin'...

6 comments:

  1. OMG hilarious! I can totally relate to so many things in this post. boys boys boys. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another normal day at the Smith house! And I seem to remember 4 little girls who used to torture each other in the same way! "MOM!!! She's lookin at me!!!!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Luke JUST said that today. NO lie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm NOT a Boyyyyyy!!!;) - Courtney Zimmerman, age 16.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...