Monday, October 11, 2010

31-week waddler

According to Dave, I now waddle. He received the evil eye immediately after confirming this to me the other day.

I have now hit the 31-week mark in this pregnancy and I guess you could say it's the beginning of the count down. I very much enjoy being pregnant so to say I have onlyyyy 9 weeks left is slightly scary... only because at the end of those 9 weeks there will be fingers possibly broken, frantic nurses, and a doctor barely in the room, but then a beautiful baby! On the other hand, 3:00 a.m. trips to the potty, swollen ankles, and the waddling will be gone but only to be swapped with 3:00 a.m. feedings, cold or no meals, and quite possibly some tears shed. All for the love of babies! :)

As a forewarning, everyone should now be keeping tally of the number of months/weeks/days we have left until Baby Smith #6 so as not to confuse me with someone who is "just about to pop" or someone who "could go any day now."  The evil eye or the "look of death" can be very harmful and I can't promise it won't be shared outside our house. Better remarks could be along the lines of ... "you look GREAT!" or ... actually, that'll do. ;) Soooo 9 weeks and counting, although time could slow down just a little bit so I can continue to enjoy (and maybe move).

31 weeks - photo courtesy of Dave


2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...