Tuesday, July 17, 2012

cheese days: parade!

The last and most photos from our weekend are of the parade. Usually parades are loud and slightly frightening to two-thirds of my children, but this year was silent. Over 4 months ago we lost one of our fire fighters (and a fellow EMT) in a structure fire while helping a neighboring city. I'm really at a loss for words when it comes to this...

Rescue 5 from 9-11 came in honor of our fallen fire fighter. Quite the sight to see. I took photos of it at the hall and didn't even thinkkkkk to get innnn the darn thing. Der. Regardless, it was pretty neat to see and have in our small town.

 some of our rigs lined up, ready to go

(below) Mallory braving the heat and throwing candy. I declined their invite. I'm too fat. And slow.

As a change of pace this year, the oldest four kiddos agreed to ride on a couple floats. Peyton and Tayt went together on the Jamison Kampmeyer memorial float, and Lia and Austyn went together on their school float. Most of them said they'd like to do it again next year.

Nash relaxing

Homer relaxing


Jax man

Mal getting some love from her other child, Drew. They have some sort of bond...I think Mal secretly gives her candy. Or something!

3 comments:

  1. the parade is one of my favorites!! It falls behind cheese curds, cotton candy & the tilt-a-whirl. I am also super sad that I missed Mal throwing out candy because I KNOW she would have hooked me up with some good stuff :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...