Monday, August 26, 2013

Florida! {day one}

A month later and I still miss our Florida vacation. I know for a fact I could spend every day on the beach. Dave would get tired of me asking daily to go to the beach. Pleassssseeee!

Friday morning we were up bright and early to finish the 8hrish drive to Florida. It was the last leg of the drive so we were all bright-eyed and bushy-tailed ;) 

Atlanta, GA (we beat the morning rush!)
swapped boys for girls in Georgia. boys rode with Casey, Homer, Pigg, and my Mom and Dad to Georgia. girls rode with Dave and me.

FLORIDA! ... *the* oddest trees

The day we arrived it rained. But we were totally okay with it! It was beautiful regardless.

We had no idea what our hotel was going to look like, but it was classic Florida resort. And we loved it! Of course we immediately checked out the rooms (which walked out to the beach), hit up the beach, and then walked around the entire hotel... classic Zimm-family style. 
amazing view!

and then we immediately went to the beach. kids in suits. adults watching. until the rain got us. but again, we didn't care :)

view of our hotel from the beach (yellow buildings)

and then there was pizza. THE best Margherita pizza I've ever had. Man, it was good. If you're ever on Treasure Island (near St. Petersburg), you *must* have Britt's Pizza!

More to come. Kids are anxiously awaiting breakfast. I have an abundance of photos so more to come soon. Thanks so much for being patient!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...