Thursday, February 28, 2013

ugh. boots.

I've been wanting a pair of tall brown boots for the past couple winters. I'm still not convinced I even know what I want. Dave and I are going shopping this weekend (some much-needed alone time) to hopefully purchase some thing(s) for ourselves. This happens once a year...maybe! Leave it to me to wait until the last minute to think about what I'd like to purchase, BUT boots may be on the list. Sooo I did some browsing and found quite a few options... now Dave will have to endure the trying on of many, many boots this weekend. Oh, and maybe jeans :)

Quite a few years ago now I purchased a pair similar to these. I love them. BUT I need something a bit more child-friendly. When I leave the house, I do it in a hurry. Often times I don't think too much of what I might be wearing. Often times I have to run back in to apply foundation and mascara just so I have something on my face. And most often, I'm wearing jeans and a Target tee. Lame. I know. My wardrobe is just that... lame. In a lousy attempt to be a hot mom look better when leaving the house, I thought some nice boots would be a nice alternative to the jeans/tee/sneaker combo I sport quite often. No argument from the sistas on my lack of wardrobe and fashion. And quite appropriately, I'm increasingly worried TLC's What Not To Wear is taping me every single time I leave the house... fact: they'd laugh. hard.

I have an Aldo gift card so I'll be trying these two pair on for sure:
(sorry, I couldn't get the photos to save anyyyywhere... dirty websites!)
Aldo boots




I think they fit well with my currently owned grey tee ;)

Then there are these. I go back and forth between the Peter Pan look, the rider boots, and the shorter boot. I really love my cousin's boots! I'm truly torn...


tall, brown boots




Wish us (mostly Dave) luck this weekend ;)

7 comments:

  1. Love me some tall brown boots! Can't wait to see what you get!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all these too! I love my buckle boots too but want a new sleeker classier pair to add to the collection :) I think my faves are the NineWest ones (2nd image - 2nd one in from the left). Good luck this weekend! Have fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the 2 middle tall ones AND the short brown tie up ones...BUT I also love that entire outfit up top w/ the grey tee!! YAYYYY for Date/Shopping Days!:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you best be watching your phone tomorrow! I'll need some second opinions :)

      Delete
  4. Ahh... the elusive brown boot. I searched for about a year before stumbling upon the OTBT Bayberry Boot. They are incredible.. so much so that at least three of my friends have bought them, too. They're adorable.. not "tight" to your leg and look casual but still stylin. I looked them up but the color online looks funky, I have an instagram pic of them awhile back.. either way, check 'em up, they might be up your alley? http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/otbt-bayberry-flat-boot/3036770

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did it. I ordered a pair of the OTBT's. The Petaluma's though. SO hoping they work. EEK!!!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...