Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Christmas celebrations

I was very much looking forward to Christmas this year (as usual), but sadly the celebrations were shadowed by Miss Meg being in the hospital the entire week of Christmas (more to come on that). We did get a couple celebrations in before she got sick though. Usually we cram all Christmas celebrations in one night... Christmas Eve. This year we decided to move Dave's family Christmas to the Sunday before Christmas... the eve of Christmas Eve. :) I think it worked out perfect. No sleeping kids. Able to enjoy the night more. My guess is we'll do it this way from now on.

Every year we also try to visit my Grandpa and Grandma Z (dad's parents) as Grandpa doesn't like to leave Grandma very much. I didn't take very many photos to share while there but we sure love visiting with them and intend to visit more often this year for sure!

the eve of Christmas Eve celebration...

excuse my baby belly... ugh... new year resolution perhaps

 Renee and L (courtesy of Casey) just love this photo of them for some reason

Our annual Christmas Eve celebration is with my dad's family. We look forward to this every year as well. This year was much more relaxing because we didn't have to hurry off. Very much enjoyed the games this year as well. Keep up the excellent work, Pam! LOVE it!

it's safe to say everyone enjoyed making snowmen out of the GREAT uncles ;)

prepping


Sadly, I didn't get many photos from Christmas Day. We got up bright and early for church, came home to open gifts, and then my mind was on baby Meg the rest of the day. I don't remember much of that day. It was a slight blur. I do know the kids had a very good Christmas and that's all that matters. :)

stockings before church

surprised faces

  the aftermath

and this was right before she got sick...

hard to believe she was SO happy and then crashed. poor girl! ...next post, I promise...

1 comment:

  1. good times good times. :) I adore that photo of Meg at the end too :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...