Monday, January 9, 2012

belated resolutions 2012

Seems as though I'm a little ahead of my usual self in 2012. Posting my New Year's resolutions 3 days earlier than last year. Who am I? ;)

After a whole year 9 days of serious pondering, I *think* I've come up with some reasonable goals/resolutions yet again for this year. Again... I'm not sure any of these will be "accomplished," but I'm sure going to try... again.

First... I'm rereading last year's goals... this may or may not be the first time I've looked at them since actually writing them... mayyyy not...

1.  Be a better me.
This probably didn't happen...
2.  Organize and schedule. Everything.
Being honest... this has only gotten mildly better.
3.  Read.
Okay... who wrote these goals. Is this a joke? TWO books a month. I'll admit... that was a lofty goal. No books to TWO books a month. That was a joke... rewriting *that* one! BUT... just for the record, I read 5 or 6 books last year... and I say 5 or 6 because there's a certain 5 year old in this house who learned to delete notes on my phone and wiped clean all my notes. and then I cried. a lot. sore subject. ANY way... these are the books I remember/wrote down... 1) It Sucked and then I Cried by Heather Armstrong; 2) Financial Peace Revisited by Dave Ramsey (this is my next read yet again this year... determined... again); 3) Dare to Discipline by Dr. James Dobson; 4) Population: 485 - Meeting Your Neighbors One Siren at a Time by Michael Perry; and 5) I can't remember...
4.  Exercise.
Well... this didn't happen. I lost almost 40 lbs in the last year. Okay, okay... that may not count since it was all baby weight but come on! I tried. Fine... I didn't try. I nursed. Cheater. Yes, I know! :) We're done nursing. and this is reallllllly hard on me. I'll not go there. *sigh* anywayyyyy, I can't promise exercise will be on 2012 goals/resolutions list.

MOVING ON....

As with everything I want to do, I have tons and TONS of ideas running through my head. So many things I want to do. So many things I feel I need to do. What gets done is usually only what I like to do. I think that in and of itself should be a goal. Do things that not only need to get done, but that I do not want to do. If I did that and only that, my frig would be clean. Nevermind. I take that back. Here are my REAL goals/resolutions for 2012 ;)

side note... while listening to podcast Episode 11 - Decision Making, I learned a few things about setting goals... definitely worth a listen when you have an extra 46 minutes but in short, goals need to be 1) specific, 2) measurable, 3) yours, 4) have a time limit, and 5) in writing.

* learn to use my camera
* organize my home and life MORE
* read daily
* be more involved in the kids' school(s), church, and community
* stop picking, cussing, and yelling

I'm not going into tooooo much detail on all of these because I have to sit down and set some "measurements" and be more specific regarding each of them.

OH... the best one of all, forgot...

* learn football

completely inspired necessary while in this house. and something Dave is *really* going to appreciate. who doesn't want to talk football with their wife!?! yeah... I laughed here too... ha!

All in all, I'm feeling very motivated. Casey, we may no longer be friends. Watchyermouth! ;)  At the moment, my house is clean, laundry is waiting to be folded, supper is on the counter waiting to be prepared, Nash is hopefully somewhere in clean/dry BIG BOY UNDERWEAR, Drew is sleeping in her crib... peacefully... and I'm going to think of something else to get ahead on... this may all sound too good to be true, indeed... keeping my fingers crossed and praying 2012 is more productive than 2011 :)

3 comments:

  1. Good luck with all of these! (And I'm not saying that sarcastically either!) I'm not very good at setting goals and/or sticking to them, so I should probably do a post like this just to get me thinking about what I could and should be doing in this upcoming year... Oh, and while I get what you mean about having resolutions that you DON'T necessarily want to do, I still think it's important to have ones you WANT to do too. Shouldn't ALL be icky stuff, right?! Otherwise, you *definitely* won't feel motivated... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. so very true... in hind sight, I think I did a pretty good variety but *maybe* travel should have been added to the list as well ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why was nowhere on that list was " going to see Brenda" ? Travel sounds really good to me !

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...